Friday, June 17, 2011

Baby Step Piourettes

I'm sure I misspelled that.  I could google search it, but I got 7 minutes before I gotta go to work, so I'm not gonna bother with it!

Dance with Dawn last night and we were working on Piourettes in the centre today.  I've worked on these before with Jonathan, and I'm pretty bad at them.  I'm trying to think of an image, but the closest thing I can think of is imagine you are drunk, and you decide you want to do a one legged turn.  You successfully turn around in 360 degrees, but everything else in between is just shambles.  I can't get my foot to go behind afterwards, I'm sure my non spinning foot is not where it's supposed to be.  Basically, I need to practice in this area.

Dawn had us practicing the preparation for one and then little quarter turns, four in a row so you'd go right around.  Jonathan don't pussy foot around with his piourettes, it's all or nothing, he's not interested in your silly quarter turns.  Thankfully Dawn is, as I finally be able to get the feeling of what I'm supposed to do with my feet.  She had some arm work in there as well, but I gave up, better to focus on my feet for the time being, arms will sort themselves out later  (though I think I was still trying to do the arms, but they sorta just flapped about, as they do.)

I'm looking forward to my new wood floor, because I will be doing quarter piourettes till the cows come home.  So pretty and ballerinaish!  I'm like the little ballerina in the music box, only one that stops part of the way through, then starts again.  A slightly broken little ballerina in the music box.

No comments:

Post a Comment